axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Johnson <w...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: is Axis2 C ready for production environment ?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:01:21 GMT
Forgive me for asking what probably is a stupid question, but what is the difference between
Axis C++ and Axis2 C.

I would also like to commend Nadir on his work.  We're about to (in a few months) release
our product, which includes Axis C++, on an unsuspecting world.  So far, there have been a
few problems, but Nadir is always willing to help and for the large part, most of the code
works great.

Thanks Nadir.

Franz Fehringer <feh@isogmbh.de> wrote: Hi Radoslav,

My five cents:
For Axis C++ the upcoming version 1.6 will be the first usable one (all
versions up to and including 1.5 have severe problems in code
generation, xml parsing, connection stability and so on).
Problem is that only one developer (Nadir K. Amra) is left and he
currenrtly seems to be swamped with other tasks.
For Axis2 C i think the most severe deficiency is, that when it comes to
XSD databinding, only the most elementary XML schema constructs are
supported.
The amount of supported XML schema constructs is probably sufficient to
circumvent the nonsupported ones in your own handcrafted web services
(respective their XSDs), but i think you will have no luck with
consuming complex real world web services.

Cheers

Franz

--
Dr. Franz Fehringer (Dipl. Math.)
Projektleiter Touristik-Systeme

Tel.: +49/(911) - 99594-0

mailto:Franz.Fehringer@isogmbh.de
http://www.isogmbh.de

Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 18299
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Inform., Dipl.-Kaufm. Harald Goeb
Sitz: Nürnberg

begin:vcard
fn:Dr. Franz Fehringer
n:Fehringer;Franz
org:ISO Software Systeme
adr;quoted-printable:;;Eichendorffstrasse 29;N=C3=BCrnberg;;90491;Deutschland
email;internet:mailto:feh@isogmbh.de
tel;work:+49/(911) - 99594-0
tel;fax:+49/(911) - 99594-580
x-mozilla-html:TRUE