axis-c-user mailing list archives

From JeffKee <jkee...@scires.com>
Subject [WSDL2C] Error with latest source
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:22:27 GMT

Hello.  I have been trying to accomplish the same as
http://www.nabble.com/-AXIS2C--WSDL2C--close-to-despair-tf3886690.html Dr.
Steinborn  by creating a web service in C and consume it with a Java client.
I have ran into a few pitfalls along the way though.

With the axis2 1.2 version I am able to:

1.  Generate a .wsdl from a Java class
2.  Generate the C server skeleton code using WSDL2C

At this stage I try to compile the C service with axis2c version 1.0.0 and
get errors where the compiler is looking for apparently obsolete header
files (axis2_log_default.h instead of axutil_log_default.h for example).  I
searched around on this forum and it looked like a fix was already in place
and I just needed to get the latest build.  I downloaded the latest axis2
snapshot 6/15/2007 and reran the wsdl generation.  With the snapshot version
I get the following error when trying to generate the latest C code:

C:\Projects\WebServiceTest\bin>%AXIS2_HOME%/bin/wsdl2c -uri
HelloService.wsdl -ss -sd -d none -l c

Using AXIS2_HOME:   C:\Programs\axis2-SNAPSHOT
Using JAVA_HOME:    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException
: java.lang.Exception: Emitter class not found!
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGener
ationEngine.java:256)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:32)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Emitter class not found!
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGener
ationEngine.java:233)
        ... 1 more
C:\Projects\WebServiceTest\bin>%AXIS2_HOME%/bin/wsdl2c -uri
HelloService.wsdl -s
s -sd -d none -l c

I guess my question is if this is a bug and if not, then which versions of
axis2 and axis2c are compatible with each other?  I appreciate any help in
this matter and also appreciate all the hard work the development team has
put into axis2/c.

V/R,

Jeff Keenan