axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Johnson <w...@yahoo.com>
Subject SSL and timeouts
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 20:51:56 GMT
I'm having an issue with Axis-C 1.4 (svn) client.  We connect to a Jetty server that has a
arbitrary maxIdleTime set.  This appears to break the socket connection after that time limit.
 The next time we call our RPC method, we get a HTTPTransportException with SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL.

My question is this:  Should Axis-C be handling the reconnection here (this being a bug),
or is there something the client should do before the call to make sure the connection is
still up?  If it isn't up, what does the client need to do to reconnect?

Or, should we have the server set up for no maxIdleTime?

---
Wayne Johnson,                         | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N.          | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003                         | then,  have it your way." --C.S. Lewis

Looking for earth-friendly autos?