axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Bregitte Pracht <w_...@yahoo.com>
Subject need help with invoking/tracing sample echo service for axis2c
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 15:01:18 GMT
I am using the simple http axis2c server,
axis2_http_server, on linux ppc. I am using a Java
client to send a soap request to the server. The
service that is requested is the sample echo service,
provided with axis2c.

Based on traces, the server seems to find
services/echo ok as service=echo, operation=echoString
when it first launches.

Based on traces I have added to the server to
serialize the envelope to the axis2c.log file, the
envelope seems to arrive ok from the client.

I have two symptoms that I hope someone can please
help me with. They are very likely related and one and
the same issue.

-1-I have added traces to the echo service (all the
pertinent functions (create, invoke, etc.), but I
don't see these appear in the axis2c.log file? Any
idea why?

-2-When the server receives the envelope, function
axis2_raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv_invoke_business_logic_sync(...)
in src/core/receivers/raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv.c is
called. Based on traces, the server realizes that the
operation requested is echoString. Eventually within
said function, AXIS2_SVC_SKELETON_INVOKE(...) gets
called and returns a result_node (which is an
axiom_node_t struct). This result_node is then used to
build a response to be sent back. However, it does not
appear to contain what would be expected and it causes
the server to segfault. Any idea why? Does this mean
my echo service is not deployed correctly? I don't see
any failure logs that would indicate my echo service
is deployed incorrectly, but obviously something is
wrong. The trace level is set to 5.

Thanks for any help, pointers anyone can offer.

Best regards,
Bregitte