axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dumindu Pallewela <dumi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] SSL and certificate support
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 20:29:00 GMT
Greg Denton wrote:
>>> Note that ssl transport is not a feature of rampart, but of Axis2/C
> itself.
>
> Just to confirm, the documentation seems to imply that SSL transport is
> not a part of Axis2/C "server-side" (I guess this would be the "simple
> axis server") only client. For server-side, apache must be used,
> correct?

Yes, simple_axis_server is incapable of handling SSL requests.

What I meant by saying that the SSL transport is a feature of Axis2/C is
  that Rampart has nothing to do with the SSL transport (yet). Sorry if
it was misleading.

> I found the client certificate info in the new docs, thanks.

IIRC, SSL Client authentication is a post-0.96 feature. It will be
updated in the site with the next release.

Regards,
Dumindu.