axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Zoltán Altfatter" <altfatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dll description has invalid state
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:18:21 GMT
Hi Milinda,

Yes, you're right about that functions, there is something wrong with them.

I found out something. In Microsoft Visual Studio I build the project like
Win32 application, and building this way the sample echo service from
Axis2/C and dll created is ok, meaning that I can connect to that with a
Java client using Axis2/Java.

I tried also this with my generated SayHelloService service.
But unfortunately has compile errors which I don't understand:

error C2491: 'axis2_get_instance' : definition of dllimport function not
allowed
error C2491: 'axis2_remove_instance' : definition of dllimport function not
allowed

The generated axis2_get_instance and axis2_remove_instance functions look
like the following:

AXIS2_EXTERN int AXIS2_CALL
    axis2_get_instance(struct axis2_svc_skeleton **inst,
                            const axis2_env_t *env)
    {
    }

AXIS2_EXTERN int AXIS2_CALL
    axis2_remove_instance(axis2_svc_skeleton_t *inst,
                            const axis2_env_t *env)
    {
    }

I don't understand the AXIS2_EXTERN and AXIS2_CALL what are those...

The axis2_get_instance and axis2_remove_instance functions from sample echo
service from AXIS2/C look different:

AXIS2_EXPORT int
axis2_get_instance(axis2_svc_skeleton_t **inst,
        const axis2_env_t *env) {
}

AXIS2_EXPORT int
axis2_remove_instance(axis2_svc_skeleton_t *inst,
        const axis2_env_t *env) {
}

I've attached the generated files to this mail.

Could you check them?
Thank you.

Zoli