axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Beakley \(beakley\)" <beak...@cisco.com>
Subject Memory Leak in axiscpp 1.6b/xerces 2.6?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 19:25:47 GMT
While working with axiscpp 1.6b (a nightly build from Dec, 2006) and
xerces 2.6, I noticed a memory leak of roughly 300 bytes each time my
server code calls the Axis SoapDeSerializer::getElement function.  In
other words, each time one of the API functions I have written tries to
get its input parameters from the Axis/Xerces infrastructure, I am
losing about 300 bytes per input parameter.

I am deleting the parameters with AxisDelete after I am done with them,
so that's not the problem.  Regardless of whether the input parameter is
a string/int/etc, the leak is basically the same.

I was wondering whether anyone else has noticed this, and if so, what is
recommended to fix it.  Would moving to Xerces 2.7 help?

Thanks in advance,

-JB