axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Hart <nh...@real.com>
Subject axiscpp parsing problem
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:03:45 GMT

I'm not having much luck with an axis2c client, so I've returned to
axiscpp--which I almost seem to have working.  I've built a debug
version from svn and I've verified that I receive a response from my
server (I can see it in ethereal and in
SoapBinInputStream::readBytes()), but when trying to parse the response,
SoapDeSerializer::getElementAsString() is failing.

in my generated client stub, the call to "m_pCall->checkMessage()"
succeeds, so it does seem to receive the correct message in the
response.  however, m_pCall->getCmplxObject() fails, returning NULL.
Stepping into getCmplxObject() I see that when it tries to parse the
very first element (via pIWSDZ->getElementAsString()) it fails.
the element it is trying to parse looks something like this:

<foo>some text here</foo>

I would expect that it should return "some text here" but instead, it
fails.  I believe this is because inside SoapDeSerializer::getElement(),
it calls SoapDeSerializer::getXSDType() on the element (in this case,
"foo") and it fails, because the element has no attributes.  XSD_UNKNOWN
is returned, and since it doesn't match XSD_STRING, getElement() fails.
  of course, the rest of the parsing fails since the status is set to an
error...

since I'm not too familiar with how this is supposed to work I am wondering:
1. is the server response bad (ie: should it be providing some
attributes on that node?)
2. is the client configured incorrectly (ie: should it be able to parse
this, with the right settings somewhere?)
3. is this a bug in the client that I should try to fix?

thank you!

PS: let me know if this should go on the dev list instead.