axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Chinmoy Bhattacharjee" <chinmoy.bhattachar...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis C++ 1.6b] Client and Server Engines - co-existing?
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:41:54 GMT
Hi,

We are using Axis C++ 1.6 b for our current project. We need to open up the
server side implementation to receive and respond to web services. The
signalling is asynchronous - thus
a) Client sends a Request
b) We at the server side will send an acknowledgement
c) After some processing - the server side needs to push the response of the
pending operation as a HTTP post to an alternate URL.
d) The client would send an acknowledgement of this response.

Is it possible to have the client and server side implementation as a single
module ?

Currently, we are trying to use the Call object to frame our responses - but
the initialization fails, since the initialization has already been done as
a server. Is it aboslutely mandatory that the client side implementation
must be a separate stand-alone process that handles this scenario ?
Can the server modules not generate SOAP/HTTP requests to alternate URLs and
not merely respond to an ongoing session ?

Thanks for any insight into this.

Rgds.