axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Meier" <DMe...@SERENA.com>
Subject RE: What is the projected release date for Axis2C?
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 06:53:03 GMT
Thank you.  Mainly I just need to be able to count on Axis2C
in a shipping product and as long as it will be stable and
perform all the promised features correctly I'm happy.

The timeframe I'm working with is to have a fairly stable
system in 3-4 months and be able to publish web services
using SOAP, REST, WS-SECURITY, and SSL.  Memory stability
is also of importance in order to support long running,
scalable servers.

-Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 5:01 AM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: Re: What is the projected release date for Axis2C?

Dave Meier wrote:
> When is the Axis2C 1.0 release anticipated?
>
> I'm assuming the generally available release will be 1.0.

This is something that we are yet to discuss with the community.
I personally think that the next release, 0,96 is almost of 1.0 kind of
quality. So why should you bother about the release number - rather look
into stability and the feature set. (some projects never reach 1.0 -
e.g. OpenSSL - but get used all over)

Samisa...

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.