axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten Ziegler" <zieg...@ventasoft.de>
Subject SimpleAxisServer problem and client exceptions
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:43:39 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to Axis-C++ (XPpro SP2, VC++ 6).

I have come across three releases:
(1) axis-c-win32-current-bin     03-Mar-2006 11:35
(2) axis-c-1.6b-Win32-trace-bin  24-Apr-2006 17:29
(3) axis-c-1.6-Win32-trace-bin   24-Aug-2006 09:05

The Axis-C++ homepage reads "The current level of Axis CPP that we recommend
is 1.6 Beta". To which release does this sentence apply?

In describing my problems, I will refer to the above numbers (1) and (2).
(3) seems to behave just like (2) (as far as my problems are concerned); (1)
is different.

With (1), I can build and run the calulator sample against SimpleAxisServer,
no problem.
With (2), SimpleAxisServer won't start and print out the following message
to the console:

   >SimpleAxisServer 9080

way.

Installation location, environment, axiscpp.conf and deploy.wsdd are all
unaltered as compared to (1).

Also, I have created a simple client from a WSDL file that has been
confirmed as valid and working.

With (1), my generated stub class will instanciate, but the call to
Call::invoke() will throw an unspecified exception, ending up in a
catch(...) block.
With (2), my generated stub class will not instanciate due to the following
AxisException:

   Exception : DLOPEN FAILED in loading parser library Failed to load parser
   'C:\Programme\Axis\bin\AxisXMLParserXerces.dll' within server engine:
      Error Message='Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.'
      Error Code='126'
      Load lib error=''

So the parser library wasn't found. However, it is at the same location as
it was when I ran the calculator sample against (1), and it is still within
the path and correctly referenced inside axiscpp.conf. Why "...within server
engine" when I am only running a client?

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks,

Karsten

P.S.: Please allow for my absence during the weekend.