axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: WSDL2C REST question
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 00:31:23 GMT
Dave Meier wrote:
> To use REST with Axis2C, do I need to define my inputs and outputs as
> generic XML nodes or can I use specifically defined structures for these?
You have to work at XML level; it is an XML-in/XML-out model that we
support.
There are no predefined structures for doing REST.
> I want to provide both a SOAP based interface and some REST based CRUD
> operations and hopefully share the same code where there is overlap.
You can write a single service and achieve this. Say you write a service
named foo, you can consume that both using SOAP and REST style calls
with Axis2/C server.

Samisa...