axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dan Ciarniello <dciarnie...@cityxpress.com>
Subject Re: Namespace problem between header and body
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:37:25 GMT
Alastair FETTES wrote:

>Just a note:
>
>I have encountered this problem as well, quite often I'm afraid.  This
>occurred when I was subclassing and specifically seemed to occur when I
>ref'd elements from a foreign namespace.  To work around this I simply
>included all items in one namespace.  Not an ideal approach but it was a
>work around none the less.

But all elements are in the same namespace.  If I modify the header so
that it's in a different namespace then I get:

|<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
  <SOAP-ENV:Header>
    <ai:authinfo xmlns:ai="http://cityxpress.com">
      <ai:user>dciarniello</ai:user>
      <ai:password>admin</ai:password>
    </ai:authinfo>
  </SOAP-ENV:Header>
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <ns1:getUser xmlns:ns1="http://cityxpress.com/external">
      <ns1:siteinfo>
        <ns1:partner>cityxpress</ns1:partner>
        <ns1:deployment>master</ns1:deployment>
        <ns1:site>new_demo</ns1:site>
      </ns1:siteinfo>
      <ns1:id>123456</ns1:id>
    </ns1:getUser>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The namespace prefix is now back on the siteinfo subelements.  For some
reason, the value of the namespace in the authinfo element in the header
affects the way that the siteinfo element is serialized in the body.

Dan.