axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Chen LC Li <liche...@cn.ibm.com>
Subject Axis2c client doesn't work when I built it into library
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:12:00 GMT
Hello friends,

I worked out a Axis2c client on linux that can successfully invoke a web
service implemented by Java ... I've been trying to build it into a
library file (.so) so that it can be called from other C program ....but
it failed to call the web service anymore. I added a bunch of debugging
statements printing out infomation so that I could see which step it was
stuck on. Finally I found out that every time it gets trouble on calling
the function axis2_stub_create_with_endpoint_ref_and_client_home in the
client stub. I am just wondering why it only got problem on calling this
function when I build it into a shared library? (.so) It used to work well
when I build it into a stand alone C application... Was there any wrong
with my linking? Any suggestion please? Thanks a lot.

My compiling and linking command:

gcc -fPIC -shared -o libmy.so *.c -I. -laxis2_axiom -laxis2_engine
-laxis2_libxml2 -laxis2_parser -laxis2_util -laxis2_wsdl -laxis2_minizip
-xml2 -ldl -L/opt/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib

The function in stub that I had problem with:

axis2_stub_create_with_endpoint_ref_and_client_home (
    const axis2_env_t *env,
    axis2_endpoint_ref_t *endpoint_ref,
    const axis2_char_t *client_home)

Aaron Li