axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Qasim Ijaz" <qi...@uab.edu>
Subject AXIS Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:01:14 GMT

Hi,

I am installing AXIS and am getting the following error:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory

My AXISCLASSPATH looks like this:

%AXIS_LIB%\tools.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\axis.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\commons-discovery-0.
2.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\commons-logging-1.1.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\log4j-1.2.8.jar;%AXI
S_LIB%\jaxrpc.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\saaj.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\xml-apis.jar;%AXIS_LIB%
\xerces.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar

I copied the commons-logging-1.1 to the LIB folder under axis. I have
tried using previous versions of commons-logging.jar but that didn't
solve the problem either. Am I missing another jar file from my
AXISCLASSPATH?

Also, AXISCLASSPATH has xml-apis.jar in it, but I don't have this jar
file in my LIB folder. Actually I was not able to find this jar. Where
can I find this jar file?

I am working with Axis 1.4 Final release.

Please reply with suggestions. I will greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Qasim Ijaz