axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Robert van Engelen <enge...@cs.fsu.edu>
Subject Re: Problem in C++ interaction to java webservice over SSL
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:15:16 GMT

> Be careful of gSOAP's license because gSOAP uses three licenses: GPL,
> gSOAP public license and commercial license. (You mentioned
> "production environment", and AFAIK GPL is not friendly for
> "production environment".)

A small correction is in order here:

The gSOAP software is offered with a CHOICE of licenses. The GPL
license is provided to allow gSOAP to be used with GPL projects. The
gSOAP public license allows any use, but the wsdl2h WSDL importer is
not covered. The commercial license covers products that require the
commercialized parts of the software, such as the wsdl2h importer.

Because the gSOAP software does not include third-party GPL
contributions, the software is available under commercial license terms
and you get the same software that you want for commercial use without
the unfriendly GPL issues.

Even better, you can evaluate the software (all open source) and then
decide if it meets your expectations and then decide which license to
use.

Best Regards,

Robert van Engelen