axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <adrian.d...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: xsd_Base64
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:30:55 GMT
Hi,

You say the maximum data size you can use is 36,615 -- is this just for a
particular example, or have you experimented with different sizes around
this value?

Taking a quick look through the code, I can see that we may have a problem
with large data objects, as the data length is stored as an int.
According to the ANSI C spec this is a signed 16bit integer, so having a
maximum value of 32,767, although a number of compilers use a 32bit integer
which increase this to a maximum value of 2,147,483,647.

Changing this to an unsigned long long (64bit integer) will give a maximum
of 18,446,744,073,709,551,615, sufficient for most needs.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

"Pawel Pustelnik" <ppustelnik@future-processing.com> wrote on 31/05/2006