axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <PREST...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Can I use Axis-C for http transport?
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 10:20:11 GMT
Hi Bo,
        If you just want something to handle sockets then I would just use
HTTPChannel as this has the basic communication parts such as open, close,
read and write.  If you want something more than that you will need to
look at the HTTPTransport code and extract the methods that are relevant
to your needs.  The trouble with the transport layer is that it was
written expecting HTTP headers and SOAP messages so some of the existing
code will probably not be a good fit!  As John says, some people have done
this, but of course it is outside the scope of this project.  You may also
want to look at the server code which is written slightly differently (one
difference is that the transport reads the complete message before passing
it ('SimpleAxisTransport::readFromClient' in server) on whereas the client
returns only what has been received up to that point
('HTTPTransport::getBytes' in client)).

Regards,

Fred Preston.

"Bo Xie" <xiebopublic@gmail.com>
30/05/2006 22:59
Please respond to

axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Can I use Axis-C for http transport?

Hi all,

I found there were HTTPTransport.dll and HTTPChannel.dll in
axis-c-1.6b-Win32-trace-bin\bin directory.

My question is: Can I use Axis-C for http transport? e.g., like
windows API "URLDownloadToFile"[1] or libcurl[2]? If Yes, how to do
it? Is there any sample source code?

Reference
1.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/networking/moniker/reference/functions/urldownloadtofile.asp