axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <PREST...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Conversion fault
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 09:33:33 GMT
Hi Magnus,
        xsd__string is simply a char *.  To convert from one to the other
do the following:-

xsd__string     pXSD_String = "Test";
std::string     sString;

// Converting from xsd__string to std::string
// Because the string class has overridden the '=' operator, you can
simply assign an xsd__string to a string.

sString = pXSD_String;

// Converting from std::string to xsd__string.
// The c_str() method converts the contents of the string object to a
const char *.  This can then be assigned to the xsd__string variable.

pXSD_String = (char *) sString.c_str();

Regards,

Fred Preston.

"Magnus Karlsson" <magnus.karlsson.linkoping@home.se>
08/05/2006 09:35
Please respond to

axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Conversion fault

I'm using Axis C++ 1.6b for Windows (XP Professional). I'd like to know
how conversion is done from std::string to axiscpp::xsd__string? I want to
use ordinary string management (std::string) but when I try to cast an
std::string to axiscpp::xsd__string I get "error C240: 'type cast' :
cannot convert from 'std:string' to 'axiscpp::xsd_string'. Would it be
better to skip xsd__strings and not use them at all?

Best regards
Magnus