axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <adrian.d...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Crash in XercesHandler.cpp with & in response
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 15:19:32 GMT
Hi,

Under the SOAP (and underlying XML) standards the ampersand character is
reserved, so you are not permitted to use it within data.
You will need to ensure any occurances are correctly encoded   --- ie:  '&'
becomes "&amp;".

It looks quite likely the Xerces Parser is failing when it hits this
invalid use of '&'.

How is this XML data being produced?   Are you using xsd:any -- in which
case you'll need to ensure this encoding takes place -- or are you seeing
an error in the Axis serialization code, where this should be taking place
on your behalf.

Are you in a position to test if this problem is still present with the
latest Axis 1.6 nightly builds?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)