axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Borley" <ajbor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Building samples in MS Visual Studio]
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 15:56:34 GMT
Hi Samisa,

I've managed to get it running! My issue was that in MSVC++ the default
build setting is to "Compile as C++ Code".
Changing to "Compile as C code" makes it work.

When I started looking at Axis2C I used the defaults ("Compile as C++ Code")
and got some conversion errors:
d:\cpp\EchoWebService\echo_skeleton.c(53) : error C2440: '=' : cannot
convert from 'void *' to 'axis2_svc_skeleton_t *'
        Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an
explicit cast
d:\cpp\EchoWebService\echo_skeleton.c(56) : error C2440: '=' : cannot
convert from 'void *' to 'axis2_svc_skeleton_ops_t *'
        Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an
explicit cast

So, (late on Friday afternoon) I took the advice and added some explicit
casting to the failing lines. This makes the build happy and I have a nice
dll (built as C++) that doesn't work.
When you asked me if the code was the same as the sample I checked it over
and discovered these extra casts. Removing them makes the "Compile as C++"
fail again, but discovering and changing to the "Compile as C" setting and
it's all working fine.
So the moral is: check what the default settings are!

Thanks for the help

Andrew