axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Iwan Tomlow" <iwan.tom...@seagha.com>
Subject RE: Crash in XercesHandler.cpp with & in response
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 14:28:12 GMT
Hi all,

Just letting you know I think the problem is solved!
I was trying to get the 1.6 nightly build to work, but kept running into
other problems.

However, I took a glance at the XercesHandler.cpp included in the 1.6,
and it seems the part that was causing me problems has been changed
significantly (more then described in AXISCPP-825).

I applied this change to my 1.5 sources, rebuild AxisXmlParser.xml, and
don't get the crash anymore on any machine!
Just for reference, the code for the 'PreviousNameOrValue' case in
XercesHandler::characters was changed to:

// The following code is necessary as it is important to get the correct
heap
// (i.e the one that XMLString is using!) when creating a memory object
to put
// back into 'm_pNextElement->m_pchNameOrValue'.  By using the XMLString
// function, we can ensure that only the memory belonging to (and thus
able to
// destroy) the same segment as XMLString is used.  If you don't
understand
// what is going on, don't change it!
    if (cp_PreviousNameOrValue)
    {
		// Get a pointer to the transcoded character.
		char *	pTransChar = XMLString::transcode( chars);
		// Create a dummy string and populate.
		char *	psDummy = new char[ strlen(
m_pNextElement->m_pchNameOrValue) +

strlen( pTransChar) + 1];
		strcpy( psDummy, m_pNextElement->m_pchNameOrValue);
		strcat( psDummy, pTransChar);
		// Create pointer to new Name or Value string.
		char *	pNewNameOrValue = XMLString::replicate(
psDummy);
		// Delete the old Name and Value string.
		XMLString::release( const_cast<char**>
(&(m_pCurrElement->m_pchNameOrValue)));
		// Assign the new value of Name or Value string.
		m_pNextElement->m_pchNameOrValue = pNewNameOrValue;
		// Clean up.
		delete [] psDummy;
		XMLString::release( &pTransChar);
    }