axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Iwan Tomlow" <iwan.tom...@seagha.com>
Subject Crash in XercesHandler.cpp with & in response
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 12:34:04 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using the Axis C++ 1.5 in a production project, and we are
experiencing problems when the response from the webservice contains
ampersands in the xml-data, like <name>BOOT & BUTEIJN</name>.

The generated Axis-client stub crashes (with 'Invalid Address specified
to RtlFreeHeap' in MCVC6.0 debugger) on the following code in
XercesHandler::characters
>>>	free(const_cast <char*> (cp_PreviousNameOrValue));
	free(cp_CurrentNameOrValue);

I found a jira-issue (AXISCPP-825) that seems to address this issue, but
the reported fix (change free to delete[]) does not work for me, the
result is the same.

Does anyone have this issue, any hints?
Strange thing: it appears everything works fine if a point my XMLParser
in axiscpp.conf to the debug-library 'AxisXMLParser_D.dll' instead of
the release-build, but I'm afraid that is just a coincidence.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards,
Iwan Tomlow