axis-c-user mailing list archives

From m..@gmx.at
Subject Deployment of Axis C++ & 2.0 vs. 1.6?
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 06:50:16 GMT
Hi,
We are thinking about using axis-c++ in one of our current projects. During
our analysis several questions about using Axis-c++ arose. It would be great
if you could help us with some of our issues or point us to further
information:

- What is the suggested deployment scenario when using axis c++ in a
multi-threaded server environment. As we understand you offer the option of
using the mod interface to Apache or to use the SimpleAxisServer as a server
hull for the deployed web-services. When no web-server functionality is
needed which option is recommended. Or in other words: According to your
experience which option is the more stable one?
- In future versions of our product we might need to incorporate server
functionality that shares state between the client and the server. Is there
any support for session handling in the two deployment scenarios above?
- On the axis-c++ website you mention that you are planning to release the
final version 1.6 in mid march. Is 1.6 still developed or are you
concentrating all your efforts on axis 2?

Thanks in advance (and thanks for providing your great tool as well!!),
Markus