axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Galataud" <antoine.galat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Application, Session or Request scope
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:41:56 GMT
Yes, it's a great idea and it will probably solve my problem. But if I do
so, performance of my application will seriously decrease. I must keep
Apache running with different processes.
As session scope is correctly running, I think I will keep this solution,
initializing my business object on first call to the service.

Thanks for all your answers.

2006/3/28, John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com>:

> [...]
> It works very well, and it keeps all the web service objects up during all
> the application life (when setting in application scope)
>
> Thanks
>
> 2006/3/27, John Hawkins <*HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com * <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com>>:
>
> Now you're talking about maintaining a session.
>
> There is now way to do this "for-free". You could do it by setting cookies
> in the server-code. These cookies could be used to retrieve state from a db
> next call.
>
> Cookies are supported, at some level, in the client but not the server -
> to my knowledge. (they are just transport properties) You might have to add
> some minimal logic into the server-code to do it.
>

>   *"Antoine Galataud" <**antoine.galataud@gmail.com** *<antoine.galataud@gmail.com>
> *>*
>
> 24/03/2006 13:48
>

>   Please respond to
> "Apache AXIS C User List" <*axis-c-user@ws.apache.org *<axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>

> "Apache AXIS C User List" <*axis-c-user@ws.apache.org*<axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>>
> cc
>
>  Subject
> Re: Application, Session or Request scope

> Ok, so how can I retrieve previously loaded object of my library ? For the
> moment, when I call initService(), I initialize a business object. If I call
> my second web service method notifyDictionary() in the same process (the
> main of my client call this 2 methods), it works (like a session scope). Now
> if call only initService(), then stop my client, then call
> notifyDictionary() in a different client, it fails, because the business
> object has been destroyed.
>
> How can I work around this ? Isn't it the feature "application scope" must
> provide ? Because the only thing I see, is that every server side objects
> are destroyed when the client is destroyed.
>
> 2006/3/24, John Hawkins <*HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com * <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com>>:
>
> The *dlopen* subroutine loads the module specified by *FilePath *into the
> executing process's address space. Dependents of the module are
> automatically loaded as well. If the module is already loaded, i t is not
> loaded again, but a new, unique value will be returned by the *dlopen *subroutine.
>
>   *"Antoine Galataud" <**antoine.galataud@gmail.com** *<antoine.galataud@gmail.com>
> *>*
>
> 24/03/2006 13:14
>

>   Please respond to
> "Apache AXIS C User List" <*axis-c-user@ws.apache.org *<axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>

> "Apache AXIS C User List" <*axis-c-user@ws.apache.org*<axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>>
> cc
>
>  Subject
> Re: Application, Session or Request scope

> First call to the method initService() is in log-1.txt, the second call
> (exactly the same, some seconds later) is in log-2.txt.
> I tried with <parameter name="scope" value="application"> of server.wsddfile in
some other tests, it didn't change anything.

--
Antoine Galataud
antoine.galataud@gmail.com