axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <PREST...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: http/get
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:52:04 GMT
Hi Rob,
        So you have something like time...

char *  pszUrlForZippedExplainationTextFromDictionary =
webServiceDictionary->getURLForExplainationText( "english", "word");

And you then want to use the returned URL (I assume it is an ftp site
(e.g. ftp://myDictionary/english/word)) to retrieve the file.

        This is outside the scope of Axis but you could use code snippets
from the Transport/Channel code to provide you with a socket to the URL. I
assume there is a ftp protocol for downloading files and if this is the
case you would need to know what that was before you could download the
file.  A quick look around the web suggests that there are several
solutions to this (try typing 'ftp protocol "How a browser retrieves a
file"' into your favourite web search engine), but whether there is one
solution that will work cross platforms...

Regards,

Fred Preston.

Rob Redmon <Rob.Redmon@noaa.gov>
03/03/2006 15:23
Please respond to "Apache AXIS C User List"