axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <adrian.d...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Application, Session or Request scope
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:09:53 GMT
Hi,

There is already a mechanism in place to do this.

As part of WrapperClassHandler, from which the generated wrapper class is
inherited, there are the init and fini methods.
These methods are called respectively as the service library is loaded (ie:
first invocation of service) and unloaded (ie: server shutdown).

As these methods are virtual, you can override these within the generated
wrapper class, to do the initialization and clearup activities you require.

One word of warning, although this has been designed to work in this
manner, it hasn't (so far) been tested.

Please let us know how you get on with trying this.

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

"Antoine Galataud" <antoine.galataud@gmail.com> wrote on 21/03/2006
12:43:45:

> Sorry, I haven't been really clear with what I wanted to do. I'll
> try to clarify my thoughts a little :
>
> I get a web service library, that handles the web service technical
> part and access to business objects. But my business part is heavy
> to initialize, and I want to do it only once, so when a first
> request come to the web service, the back end service starts and
> replys, then any other request doesn't involve a back end service start.
>
> So what I want to do is, as axis java does, define an application
> scope for the web service and get the service running until container
stops.

@11cec8,"application"