axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject RE: WS-I Basic Security Profile
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:29:07 GMT
axiscpp does have ssl. support which has satisfied most users thus far -
this was put in before ws-i security profile was around.

We have concentrated on being ws-i profile 1.0 and then 1.1 compliant
(when it came)
So, sure, ws-i * profiles would be great but in reality the time taken
would be time out of stabilising the code and enhancing its basic SOAP
support (it's a lot harder in C than in Java to cover platforms :-)

It's not on the radar that the axisCPP client will support ws-i security
as this sort of function will be put into axis2C.

hope this helps,
John.

"Andy Weiss" <aweiss@volpico.com>
21/03/2006 17:59
Please respond to

"'Apache AXIS C User List'" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: WS-I Basic Security Profile

Interesting ...

No criticism here, just curiosity:  If Axis CPP does not support the WS-I
Basic Security Profile ... then what do web service clients written in CPP
do?  Do they consume web services which do not require authentication?  Do
they consume web services which require authentication using a method
other
than WS-I?  If so, why is this true?  WS-I is supposed to be the "industry
standard", is it not?

I guess what I want to know is, am I going down the wrong path by
generating
(and consuming in a test application) a web service which abides by WS-I
security standards and forces all clients to abide by it as well?  If the
consensus is that the standard is not to be relied upon, I'd like to know.

Andy Weiss