axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject AIX 32 bit built
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:51:17 GMT
Hi Folks,

Quite a few people have been having trouble with the aix binaries we've
got on the site at the moment (and we thought  we were doing everyone a
favour ;-)

Looks like the issue with the aix 32 bit build is this:

The xerces build on the apache website was built using xmlC 5.*. The
machine that we build the aix release code on uses 6.* and so we compiled
xerces to use that compiler level also. Therefore, what we are seeing is
the incompatibility of name mangling (or compiler options) between
compiler levels.

Given that I don't know how to get around this issue i.e. tell the xlc at
6.* level to mangle the same somehow (or use the same options?) We have
two ways forward either
a) Compile your own version of xerces 2_2_0 for AIX using xlc 6.*
b) We'll also look into upgrading the version of xerces to be the latest
and the binaries for this already use xlc 6.*

I'll get back to you on how well the tests go for option b) but you can
always continue with option a) yourselves :-)

cheers for now,
John.