axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: AXIS C++ and AIX
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:32:29 GMT
Hi,

Given this is an IBM platform I'll forgive the personal mail ;-) However,
if we keep this on the mailing list then others can see.

I'm surprised that you're having such difficulties - we used to build this
on 5.1 but now only 5.2.

Let's break this down slowly so we can analyse what works and what
doesn't.

Have you got the client working on AIX? This would be a much easier thing
to verify.  If you haven't done this then it might be a good idea to make
sure this slightly simpler piece of code works OK before we tackle the
server.

> > > Cannot load /home/antgalat/apache-rs6000/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.so
> > > into server:
> > > 0509-022 Cannot load module
> > > /home/antgalat/apache-rs6000/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.so.
> > > 0509-108 The .loader section does not exist.

Where did you see this error? it doesn't look like it came out of the
trace logs - it's apache right? It might be easier to run this outside of
apache for now while we fix this problem - try using simple axis server.

Have you put axis trace on? Have you put axis start trace on?

Now, I remember some wierd things we had to do on the client because you
can't mix .a and .so files on AIX they all have to be .a. Now, you don't
have to build them any differently just create links to the same files but
with .a all the way down the dependency chain.

Try this out and see what you get.

cheers,
John.

Antoine Galataud <Antoine.Galataud@reuters.com>
09/03/2006 10:35

John Hawkins/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc

Subject
AXIS C++ and AIX

Hi,

Sorry for this personal mail, but I would like to tell you some private
things about the problem I had with AIX 5.1 (my normal email address is
Antoine.Galataud@gmail.com on axis-c-user list).
So, I apologize in advance if it is not the right way to obtain help.

In fact, as you guessed with my email address, I?m from Reuters (Financial
Software). I?m working on an important development. We are currently
trying to deliver an open source web services framework (Axis has been
chosen), to replace the existing CORBA communication layer.
It is a hard technical and functional task, but you can guess so. Our
application is designed in services, some are written in Java (axis java
used there), some in C++.
To validate Axis framework (we want to provide our customers both open
source and commercial solutions), I have to test prototypes on different
platforms: Solaris, Linux, and AIX (5.1 by the way). It?s very important
to us.

So, I want to ask you some help on AIX 5.1 Axis port: it could be a
miracle if you could give me some more precise indications on how to build
Axis or on how to make binary release work (this libaxiscpp_mod.so is
driving me crazy, please see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-c-user&m=114182989220791&w=2 as a
reminder);

Thanks in advance,