axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <adrian.d...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Errors running wsdl2ws
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:46:29 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the mistake within the endpoint used by the sample,
we shall update this immediately.

I have to admit surprise at the particular error you're seeing from the
fault, and we shall investage why this is occuring.

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

Petr Cvachoucek <cvachoucek@unicontrols.cz> wrote on 21/03/2006 06:01:52:

> Yes we had the same problem, may be this is also your case. It is not
> related to linux, its a problem on all platforms.
>
> The calculator sample tried to set endpoint to
> http://localhost/axis/calculator, but the service name is Calculator.
> The server responded with soap fault (requested service not registered
> at the server), which was correctly parsed by a client, but then the
> client throws incorrect exception, so the user gets misleading error
> 'Cannot deserialize the requested element.'.
>
> So first try to run calculator sample with correct endpoint,
> try for ex: ./calculator div 100 5 http://localhost/axis/Calculator
>
> If it will work, you should by hand modify the client stub source code
> to throw the correct exception, so the user gets correct error
> description if there is a soap fault.
>
> Petr
>
> Lei Tang wrote:
> > I installed Sun JDK and now I can generate the C++ skeleton and stub
> > code.  But after I built the Calculator sample and deployed it, I got
> > the following error when running the client app:
> >    terminate called after throwing an instance of
> > 'axiscpp::SoapFaultException'
> >      what():  Cannot deserialize the requested element
> >    Aborted
> >
> > Does anybody else have the similar problem with Axis c++ 1.6b on the
> > linux (Fedora Core 4)?  Any help would be appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Lei

Java
> > tool, including the required jars from Axis Java using gcj.
> >
> > I have never been able to use gcj with Axis successfully :-(
> >
> > Samisa...
> >
> > Lei Tang wrote:
> >
> >> I installed latest Axis C++ 1.6b on linux (Fedora 4).  When I used
> >> wsdl2ws to generat the C++ code for the sample calculator.wsdl file
> >> with following command
> >>
> >> */java org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws
> >> /usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/wsdls/calcul
> >> ator.wsdl -lc++ -sserver -o/tests/ltang/calculator//*
> >>
> >> I got the following errors:
> >>
> >> */java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>    at gnu.xml.dom.ls.ReaderInputStream.close()
> > (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.doParse(java.lang.String,
> >> java.lang.String, jav
> >> a.io.Reader, java.io.InputStream, java.lang.String)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.aelfred2.SAXDriver.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgcj
> >> .so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlReader.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgcj
> >> .so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.dom.ls.DomLSParser.doParse(org.w3c.dom.ls.LSInput)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgc
> >> j.so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.dom.ls.DomLSParser.parse(org.w3c.dom.ls.LSInput)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgcj.
> >> so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.dom.DomDocumentBuilder.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
> >> (/usr/lib/li
> >> bgcj.so.6.0.0)
> >>    at
> >> org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
> >> (Unkno wn Source)
> >>    at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(java.lang.String,
> >> java.lang.Str
> >> ing, java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
> >>    at
> >> org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(java.lang.String
> >> , ja va.lang.String, java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
> >>    at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run() (Unknown
> > Source)
> >>    at java.lang.Thread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
> >> org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WrapperFault:
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>    at

org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws.WSDL2Ws(org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2w
> > s.
> >> CLArgParser) (Unknown Source)
> >>    at org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws.main(java.lang.String[])
> >> (Unknown Sou
> >> rce)
> >>    at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.call_main() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0) Caused
> >
> >> by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>    at gnu.xml.dom.ls.ReaderInputStream.close()
> > (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.doParse(java.lang.String,
> >> java.lang.String, jav
> >> a.io.Reader, java.io.InputStream, java.lang.String)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.aelfred2.SAXDriver.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgcj
> >> .so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlReader.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgcj
> >> .so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.dom.ls.DomLSParser.doParse(org.w3c.dom.ls.LSInput)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgc
> >> j.so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.dom.ls.DomLSParser.parse(org.w3c.dom.ls.LSInput)
> >> (/usr/lib/libgcj.
> >> so.6.0.0)
> >>    at gnu.xml.dom.DomDocumentBuilder.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
> >> (/usr/lib/li
> >> bgcj.so.6.0.0)
> >>    at
> >> org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
> >> (Unkno wn Source)
> >>    at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(java.lang.String,
> >> java.lang.Str
> >> ing, java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
> >>    at
> >> org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(java.lang.String
> >> , ja va.lang.String, java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
> >>    at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run() (Unknown
> > Source)
> >>    at java.lang.Thread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)/*
> >> *//*
> >> */Code generation failed. Please see errors above./*
> >>

> >> I set my my classpath as following:
> >>
> >> */declare -x
> >> CLASSPATH="/usr/local/axiscpp_home/lib/axisjava/wsdl4j.jar:/usr/local

/axiscpp_home/lib/axisjava/saaj.jar:/usr/local/axiscpp_home/lib/axisjava