axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <adrian.d...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject RE: SSL Client
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:25:38 GMT
Hi,

See responses below

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

Iwan Tomlow <iwan.tomlow@seagha.com> wrote on 22/02/2006 07:35:57:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the reply, I did actually get it working with the changes
> I described - these were applied to the Axis C++ 1.5 Final sources.
> I was actually looking for the repository on the Apache website, and
> the main page at http://ws.apache.org/axis still links to 'Get
> Involved' > 'CVS Repository' = http://ws.apache.org/axis/cvs.html -
> but the links there are no longer valid?

Ah, yes.  Just noticed that hasn't been updated.  However, there is current
information within the C++ developers documentation:
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/developers-guide.html

> One extra remark for others trying to get SSL to work: I noticed
> that even for a client-only installation, I needed the
> AXISCPP_DEPLOY environment variable and an appropriate axiscpp.conf
> configuration file there for SSL to work (with Channel_HTTP_SSL: ...
> \HTTPSSLChannel.dll in it).
> This axiscpp.conf was not necessary for the client without SSL, is
> that correct?

I've just taken a look and it would appear this is the case.  For most of
the other properties within axiscpp.conf the engine has a default value
(meaning you needn't setup AXISCPP_DEPLOY, and axiscpp.conf), but
Channel_HTTP_SSL does not have a default.