axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <adrian.d...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Status of Axis C++ build system
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:02:17 GMT
Hi,

The makefile/libtool based build system hasn't been maintained for some
time, so it is very likely it refers to non-existent files, while missing
out more recently added files.

There is an ANT based system, which is used by the nightly builds.  You can
find instructions on its use here:
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/antbuild-guide.html

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

Josef Spillner <js177634@inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote on 23/02/2006 15:39:10:

> Hi there,
>
> I tried compiling Axis C++ 1.5 on Linux, and got a couple of errors which

> remain when using the latest SVN trunk sources.
>
> It starts with missing files when running autogen.sh:
>
> samples/server/Makefile.am:1: required directory
samples/server/interoptests
> does not exist
> samples/server/Makefile.am:1: required directory samples/server/simple
does
> not exist
>
> and continues up to linker errors in src/server/simple_axis_server. For
the
> latter one, I replaced -lserver_engine with
> ../../engine/server/libserver_engine.la (always use the *.la files
> for linking
> with libtool!).
>
> Since for the former case, I don't know if the files are referenced
> wrongly in
> configure.ac or have not yet been added to SVN (= are actually missing),
I'd