axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Status of WSS4C
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 02:19:39 GMT
Tao Yang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Axis 4 C++ in a project. However, I did not find
> any info about WSS implementation. Is there a counter-part project for
> WSS4J in C/C++?

We do not have an equivalant for WSS4J for Axis C++

> I do notice the 1.5 release (not sure about previous ones) has https
> support. Is it that is regarded as "good enough" for security concerns?

HTTPS provides transport level security, if you feel that securing it
over transport is good enough you can use it.

> Or developers are focusing on Axis2 ( did not find a Axis2 for C/C++
> neither)?

Axis C++ and Axis2 C are parallel efforts. C version of Axis2 is still
at the initial stages. You can have a peek at
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis2/c/M0.3/. However, as of
now, we do not have immediate plans for WSS in Axis2 C, but that is one
of the things that we want to do.

Samisa...