axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Brian <brian....@gmail.com>
Subject Auto-start web service?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:01:34 GMT
Does Axis or Apache httpd provide a facility for starting or initializing
web services when the web server is started?  My web service is designed to
read configuration files and create database connection pools when the web
service is called the first time.  The problem with this approach is the
first user to call the web service experiences an additional delay caused by
this one-time initialization.  I remember the iPlanet web server had a
feature for initializing java servlets when the web server started.  I hope
a similar feature exists with Apache httpd or Axis.  Thanks.

Regards,
Brian