axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Guilhem Tardy <gravs...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: fail to run sample from Axis 1.5
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:12:29 GMT
Hi,

I managed to get something to work... at last.

For those using Windows, there may be some useful lesson:

1) unknown exceptions often occurs due to DLL not found (wrong settings in
axiscpp.conf and server.wsdd)
If any error message were shown, we would not have to debug client and server
applications to find out!

2) the VC++ project files under vc/ are at best incomplete (wrong CPP and HPP
path or file names), sometimes specify /MT where instead /MD is needed.

3) initial test for simple server (supposedly listing the available services)
does not work:
http://localhost:8000/axis
This is because the server runs in a loop to search for "Envelope".

4) deleting objects across DLL also causes exception, in particular:

xsd__int Calculator::div(xsd__int Value0, xsd__int Value1)
		xsd__int r = *Ret;
//		delete Ret;
		return r;
	}

THIS is a much bigger problem.

Another service (ref) completely fails due apparently to the same problem, and
I am incapable to find an easy way to solve it.

Guilhem.