axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Stettler, Robert" <robert.stett...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: Memory leaks
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:05:34 GMT
When you say parser layer, do you mean the way Axis' uses the parser is
causing leaks, or the parser itself it leaking?  I am using Xerces
parser myself in my code and if it is leaking it is very slow.  I ran a
loop for 5 minute or so and no leak showed up.

When I run the axis sample in a loop the leak is constant and shows up
quickly and does not level off.  It leaks more the larger the response
document is which makes sense if guess if it is in the parser layer.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hawkins [mailto:HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:49 AM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: Re: Memory leaks

We are aware that we have some memory leaks in xerces parser layer.
Please also be aware that the memory model has changed substantially in
1.6 and that this release should have far fewer leaks.

"Stettler, Robert" <robert.stettler@capitalone.com>

21/12/2005 02:24

Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

cc

Subject

Memory leaks

I am using 1.5 final.  It seems to be leaking.  I am deleting objects
returned by generated stubs and I delete the Soap object when I am done
with it.  Is there any other clean up that is required?

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or
proprietary

to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted
herewith

is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is

addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,

you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,

distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance

upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this

communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material

from your computer.