axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Stettler, Robert" <robert.stett...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: stub transport
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:48:15 GMT
Sweet!  Exactly what I was looking for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Dick [mailto:adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 5:45 AM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: RE: stub transport

Hi,

Here are some simple instruction on using the MockServer utility we use
for
testing Axis c++ client without a server.
   Compile mock server java code (found within <extract root
   >/tests/utils/monitor )
   Run the mock server:
   java org.apache.test.MockServer -p <port> -r <server response file>

The server response file is a text file containing the full HTTP
response,
it will look something like this:
   HTTP/1.1 200 OK
   Server: WebSphere Application Server/5.1
   Transfer-Encoding: chunked

   1ad
   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Header/><
soapenv:Body><addResponse

xmlns="http://localhost/axis/Calculator"><addReturn>5</addReturn></addRe
sponse></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
   0

The easiest way to generate this file is to capture the communication
from
a real server but if that isn't possible you will need to generate by
hand
(plenty of examples within <extract
root>/test/auto_build/testcases/output
)
Rather than providing the specific chunk size (1ad, on the line ahead of
the payload) you can provide ### and the MockServer will calculate the
correct size.

If your testcase makes multiple calls to the web service, you can simply
append all the requests (in the correct order!) within the server
response
file.

Once the test has been completed you need to run the following:
   java org.apache.test.StopTCPMonitor -p <port> -h <host>

I hope that is of help
Adrian

_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

"Stettler, Robert" <robert.stettler@capitalone.com> wrote on 16/12/2005
14:00:42:

> I have 1.5 Final source.

dissemination,
> distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance
> upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this
> communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material

> from your computer.

proprietary
> to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted
herewith
> is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient,
> you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
dissemination,
> distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance
> upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this
> communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material

> from your computer.

proprietary
> to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted
herewith
> is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient,
> you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
dissemination,
> distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance
> upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this
> communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material

> from your computer.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary