axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: A Problem with java webService client talking to C++ WebService server ( The Calculator demo)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:30:45 GMT
hmm,
sounds like either the C server wasn't flushing (not likely) or closing
the stream (more likely) and Java didn't pick it up until it was closed.
Could be an issue with either the server or the java client impl .
However, we've not seen this before - and you would have thought this
would be quite common - so perhaps you could try a different jvm first?

Does your java client work against other servers?

The fact your using the simpleaxis server and not apache makes me
suspicious as this server isn't as robust as the apache solution. Can you
set it up in apache?

cheers,
John.

"Liu, Richard" <Richard.Liu@boeing.com>
09/11/2005 22:14
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

<axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
A Problem with java webService client talking to C++ WebService server (
The Calculator demo)

Hi,

  I am new to webService and using axis-c-1.5.0-linux-bin webservice on
linux now.

  After installing all the software, I can successfully run the
"Calculator" demo provided by the axis-1.5, with both client and server
in C++ on two different linux machines.

  However, when I use the "Calculator.wsdl" to generate all the stub
files for a java client, wrote the java client and run this java client
to invoke "add" function, my java client was hanging there.

  The strang thing is that if I do "control-C" to stop the runing
"simple_axis_server 8001", my java webservice client immediately get the
CORRECT "add" function result
  back to me.

  Can anybody tell how to fix this problem ?

Thanks

Richard Liu
Software Engineer at Boeing