axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Invalid Address error
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:00:31 GMT
Clarence Dahlin <clarence.pitch@gmail.com> wrote on 30/11/2005 12:07:09:

> I actually had one of those answers in my initial e-mail :-)
>
> I have a document/literal wrapped service running under Tomcat/Axis.
>
> However I seem to have missed xerces in my path. Would that be the
> AxisXMLParserXerces.dll then?

No you need xerces-c_2_2_0.dll - this is xerces runtime library. fyi: If
you do "dumpbin /dependents" against the AxisXMLParser.dll you can see the
files it requires in its path.

> I only had xerces.jar in my classpath, which I suppose won't do much
> of a difference in this particular situation :-)
>
> I had these two in my path though: C:\axis\axis-c-1-5-
> win32\bin\HTTPChannel.dll;
C:\axis\axis-c-1-5-win32\bin\HTTPTransport.dll

> This is my axiscpp.conf:
> LogPath:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Axis\logs\AxisLog.txt
> WSDDFilePath:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Axis\conf\server.wsdd
> XMLParser:AxisXMLParser.dll
> Transport_http:HTTPTransport.dll
> Channel_HTTP:HTTPChannel.dll
> Channel_HTTP_SSL:HTTPSSLChannel.dll

OK, you can do it this way by having unqualified lib names and putting
them on your path - that's fine. The alternative is to have the fully
qualified path name in your conf file e.g. c:\axis\bin\HTTPChannel.dll

btw: You don't need HTTP_SLL channel if you're not doing ssl. You also
don't need the wsddfilepath if you are using the client only (this is a
server setting) and logpath is trace - again, for the server-side. So, you
could have a conf file of ->

XMLParser:AxisXMLParser.dll
Transport_http:HTTPTransport.dll
Channel_HTTP:HTTPChannel.dll

fyi: If the conf file wasn't getting picked up you would get a system out
message giving you a warning.

> I renamed the AxisXMLParserXerces.dll to AxisXMLParser.dll
>
> Is it enough to have these dll:s in the path or do I have to point
> them out through Visual Studio as well?

Visual studio has its own paths you need to set (on a per project basis I
think?) you might want to check those just to make sure you are picking up
your system path.

m_pCall->setEndpointURI("http://enterprise:8383/axis/services/HelloService")