axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis as Client and Server?
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:55:05 GMT
However,

this is a requirement that we also have in the future. But I don't know
when we'll be able to put it in.

regards,
John.

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com>
13/11/2005 07:40
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Axis as Client and Server?

Duane Murphy wrote:

>Howdy Axis folks,
>Is it possible to use axis as a client and a server? We have an
>application that is somewhat peer oriented. The HTTP payload will
>actually include requests and responses in both directions. That is the
>XML portion can include a response from a previous request as well as
>new requests. Requests and responses can go in both directions.
>
>Is this something that has been done with axis before? Is this something
>that you think should be possible? I am going to have a rough time of it?

Client and server implementations are independant in Axis. Server is run
as an apache module, but there is a simple axis server which can run on
its own as a server.
What you could do is to use simple axis server and see if you could
incoporate the client to that.

I have not tried this before. Hence I am not sure how fesible this is.
Axis C++ was originally written to have client and server seperate. So
it cannot be gaurenteed that this scenario would work.

Thanks,
Samisa...