axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Union types supported in WSDL2WS?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:00:27 GMT
If we don't have tests for them then the chances are high we don't support
them :-(

Have you got any wsdl's you can try and see what happens?

"yuan" <yuan@formtrap.com>
07/11/2005 23:01
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

<axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Union types supported in WSDL2WS?

Hi,

Does WSDL2WS tool in Axis 1.5 or 1.6a support "union" types? For example

<xsd:schema
   targetNamespace='http://www.example.org/'
   xmlns:image='http://iana.org/mime/image'>
   <xsd:import namespace='http://iana.org/mime/image'/>
   <xsd:element name="Photo"
       type='okImagesT' />
   <xsd:simpleType name='okimagesT'>
      <xsd:union memberTypes='image:jpeg image:gif'/>
   </xsd:simpleType>
</schema>

Which is described in w3.org for xsd.

I had a look in the wsdl2ws java files and found traces of "union" types,
but haven't got any further.

There are no wsdl files that use "union" in the testcases, so I am not
sure
it is supported. I have tried creating simple unions types but with no
result (type is translated to a class with no attribute).

Any help is appreciated.

Yuan