axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Jimenez, Juan X" <juan.x.jime...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject Remote call failure due to stream errors ?
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:25:23 GMT
I have a very simple service (implemented in Java) with two methods:

String echo(String message)
and
Future getFuture()

I have tested both through a browser and they are both known to work.

I have used the binary version of Axis C++ 1.5 to generate stubs and
wrote a very simple client that invokes echo() twice followed by
getFuture()

echo works without any problems but getFuture systematically fails with
the following error message returned by the what() method of
SoapFaultException

HTTPTransportException:Output streaming error on Channel while writing
data Channel error 0 while writing data: 'The operation completed
successfully.
'

The only warning I see when I start my client is

Warning - The configuration file was not found (/axiscpp.conf).
Using default values

Could anyone please give me a good hint as to what may be going wrong
here (given that I am a Java programmer and struggle with C++) ?

Here is my client code:

#include "stdafx.h"
#include "SimpleServicePort.hpp"
#include "Future.hpp"
#include <axis/GDefine.hpp>

int main(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
	char uri[] = "http://localhost:7001/webservice/SimpleService";
	SimpleServicePort *ssp = new SimpleServicePort(uri,APTHTTP1_1);

	char *response = ssp->echo("Hello World!");
	printf("\n%s %s\n\n", response, ssp->echo("And hello again."));

	Future *aFuture;
	try {
		aFuture = ssp->getFuture();
	}
	catch(SoapFaultException sfe) {
		printf("Remote call failed: %s\n", sfe.what());
	}

	return 0;
}

Thank you in advance

Juan

Notice to recipient:
The information in this internet e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee please notify
the sender immediately by telephone. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited
and may be unlawful.

When addressed to external clients any opinions or advice contained in this internet e-mail
are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing terms of business
or client engagement letter issued by the pertinent Bank of America group entity.

If this email originates from the U.K. please note that Bank of America, N.A., London Branch
and Banc of America Securities Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.