axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis as Client and Server?
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 07:40:03 GMT
Duane Murphy wrote:

>Howdy Axis folks,
>Is it possible to use axis as a client and a server? We have an
>application that is somewhat peer oriented. The HTTP payload will
>actually include requests and responses in both directions. That is the
>XML portion can include a response from a previous request as well as
>new requests. Requests and responses can go in both directions.
>
>Is this something that has been done with axis before? Is this something
>that you think should be possible? I am going to have a rough time of it?

Client and server implementations are independant in Axis. Server is run
as an apache module, but there is a simple axis server which can run on
its own as a server.
What you could do is to use simple axis server and see if you could
incoporate the client to that.

I have not tried this before. Hence I am not sure how fesible this is.
Axis C++ was originally written to have client and server seperate. So
it cannot be gaurenteed that this scenario would work.

Thanks,
Samisa...