axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Richard" <Richard....@boeing.com>
Subject How can I see the "cout" debug info in Calculator demo
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:20:47 GMT
Hi,

  I am new to C++ webService apache.  I believe this one should be an
easy question.

  I have made "Calculator" demo C++ server and client working.

  However, if I add some debug info in the "add" function, doing
something like:

xsd__int Calculator::add(xsd__int Value0, xsd__int Value1)
{
 #ifdef _DEBUG
  cout << "************ within add new" << endl;
 #endif

    int result = Value0 + Value1;
  return result;
}

I can NOT see the "cout" info in both access_log and error_log file.
Even though I:

1) compile the so with -DDEBUG on:  "g++ -shared -D_DEBUG
-I/home/liur/axis-c-1.5.0-linux-bin/include -olibCalculator.so *.cpp"

2) change the error_log file to debug in the "httpd.conf" file (see
below):

#
# LogLevel: Control the number of messages logged to the error_log.
# alert, emerg.
#
LogLevel debug

However, if I use "cerr" instead of "cout', I can see the print out.

Can anybody tell me how can I see the "cout" info ?

Thanks

Richard Liu
Software Engineer at Boeing