axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need Help Installing axis-c for Linux
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 03:47:27 GMT
Michael Kipper wrote:

>--- Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Does this happen when you run apache alone without Axis C++? (I mean
>>without the axis entry in httpd.conf?)
>>

>Without the LoadModule entry in httpd.conf, httpd runs with no errors in
>the log. Previously, it wouldn't even serve up http://localhost/, but now
>it does, but the browser sits there trying to access http://localhost/axis/
>

>>Looking at the error it looks to me that this is something to do with
>>C++ libs, hence this cannot be a apache problem, but a problem with
>>modules in apache.
>>

>Is it a problem with the way I compiled axis-c?
>I've tried 1.5.0 and CVS, and get the same error.
>I've also rebuilt xerces-c and apache, with no results.
>

>>May be you could debug httpd with gdb and run it with -X argument inside
>>gdb, this will help you to trace the location of the error.
>>

>I've never done this before.
>I've done this:
>
>[root@lfs ~/blfs]# gdb
>GNU gdb 6.3
>Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
>are
>welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
>conditions.
>Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
>This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu".
>(gdb) attach 17605
>Attaching to process 17605
><snip>
>Reading symbols from /opt/apache/modules/libaxiscpp_mod2.so...done.
>Loaded symbols for /opt/apache/modules/libaxiscpp_mod2.so
>Reading symbols from /opt/apache/modules/libaxis_server.so...done.
>Loaded symbols for /opt/apache/modules/libaxis_server.so
>Reading symbols from /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6...done.
>Loaded symbols for /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6
>Reading symbols from /usr/lib64/libgcc_s.so.1...done.
>Loaded symbols for /usr/lib64/libgcc_s.so.1
>0x00002aaaabc69f65 in __select_nocancel () from /lib64/libc.so.6
>
>And now what?

Well I am not a gdb guru, hence not that sure with attaching, may be you
could watch variables as well as back trace.

However what I do is:

[root@lfs ~/blfs]# gdb httpd
 and then on gdb promt run:
(gdb) r -X

then run a cliet, and if the server crashes gdb will drop back to gdb prompt. Then run:
(gdb) bt

One more thing; are the Xerces libs on a location that could be located by Apache?

Samisa...