axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: axis 1.5 deplloyment error. Tomcat stops immediately after start.
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 03:31:46 GMT
On 9/3/05, John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> I wonder if we can change the dll so it's just named xerces - would this enable us to
link to different versions OK? Or would it just cause confusion because people are using different
versions?

Well I think it may cause confusions as the users seem to use three
versoions 2.2, 2.5 and 2.6.

> [...]

>  >   Summary
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >        25000 .data
>  >
>  >        B5000 .rdata
>  >
>  >        11000 .reloc
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003>dumpbin /dependents C:\

>  >
>  > _Axis_Server\Axis\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll
>  >
>  > Microsoft (R) COFF/PE Dumper Version 7.10.3077
>  >
>  > Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Dump of file C:\Simple_Axis_Server\Axis\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > File Type: DLL
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >   Image has the following dependencies:
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >     xerces-c_2_2_0.dll
>  >
>  >     MSVCP60.dll
>  >
>  >     MSVCRT.dll
>  >
>  >     KERNEL32.dll
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >   Summary
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >         1000 .data
>  >
>  >         3000 .rdata
>  >
>  >         1000 .reloc
>  >
>  >         1000 .rsrc
>  >
>  >         7000 .text
>  >
>  >        16000 .rsrc
>  >
>  >        F9000 .text
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > The xerces-c_2_2_0.dll daes 2/7/2003 size 2,024 kb.
>  >
>  > I tried redownloading xerces-c_2_2_0.dll  from the archive, but have a problem
opening it.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > I read on a thread that xerces-c 2.6 was successfully tested.

- it comes with XP don't know about 2003 though. It might be called something else?
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > "Kon Kam King,   France" <fking@cincom.com>
>  >
>  > 02/09/2005 14:52
>  >
>  >
>  > Please     respond to
>  >      "Apache AXIS C User List"
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > "Apache AXIS C      User List" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>

>  >
>  >
>  > cc
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Subject
>  >
>  > RE: axis 1.5 deplloyment error. Tomcat stops     immediately after start.

>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  Hi,
>  >
>  >  Here is the list od dlls I have in my simpleaxisserver\lib
>  >  AxisServer.dll          HTTPChannel.dll        AxisXMLParser.dll       HTTPTransport.dll
      xerces-c_2_6.dll
>  >
>  >  I tried also with xerces-c_2_2_0.dll in the lib, with the same error.
>  >  I point to the above directory in my PATH variable.
>  >  Where is the "dumpbin " command?
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

>  >
>  >

all the axis server dll's on your path? Are you also sure that you have the correct version
of xerces. if you do "dumpbin /dependents" on the axis xml parser library does it show the
same name as the xerces lib you just put in your path?