axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: axis 1.5 deplloyment error. Tomcat stops immediately after start.
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 09:26:11 GMT
But, we can always ask them what version they use when they come to us
with problems. And say what we have tested and support? 99% of the time
there are no problems as far as I can see?

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com>
04/09/2005 04:31
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: axis 1.5 deplloyment error. Tomcat stops immediately after start.

On 9/3/05, John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> I wonder if we can change the dll so it's just named xerces - would this
enable us to link to different versions OK? Or would it just cause
confusion because people are using different versions?

Well I think it may cause confusions as the users seem to use three
versoions 2.2, 2.5 and 2.6.

> [...]
>  >   Summary
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >        25000 .data
>  >
>  >        B5000 .rdata
>  >
>  >        11000 .reloc
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003>dumpbin
/dependents C:\
>  >
>  > _Axis_Server\Axis\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll
>  >
>  > Microsoft (R) COFF/PE Dumper Version 7.10.3077
>  >
>  > Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Dump of file C:\Simple_Axis_Server\Axis\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > File Type: DLL
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >   Image has the following dependencies:
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >     xerces-c_2_2_0.dll
>  >
>  >     MSVCP60.dll
>  >
>  >     MSVCRT.dll
>  >
>  >     KERNEL32.dll
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >   Summary
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >         1000 .data
>  >
>  >         3000 .rdata
>  >
>  >         1000 .reloc
>  >
>  >         1000 .rsrc
>  >
>  >         7000 .text
>  >
>  >        16000 .rsrc
>  >
>  >        F9000 .text
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > The xerces-c_2_2_0.dll daes 2/7/2003 size 2,024 kb.
>  >
>  > I tried redownloading xerces-c_2_2_0.dll  from the archive, but have
a problem opening it.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > I read on a thread that xerces-c 2.6 was successfully tested.

the dumpbin - it comes with XP don't know about 2003 though. It might be
called something else?
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > "Kon Kam King,   France" <fking@cincom.com>
>  >
>  > 02/09/2005 14:52
>  >
>  >
>  > Please     respond to
>  >      "Apache AXIS C User List"
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > "Apache AXIS C      User List" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
>  >
>  >
>  > cc
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Subject
>  >
>  > RE: axis 1.5 deplloyment error. Tomcat stops     immediately after
start.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  Hi,
>  >
>  >  Here is the list od dlls I have in my simpleaxisserver\lib
>  >  AxisServer.dll          HTTPChannel.dll        AxisXMLParser.dll
HTTPTransport.dll       xerces-c_2_6.dll
>  >
>  >  I tried also with xerces-c_2_2_0.dll in the lib, with the same
error.
>  >  I point to the above directory in my PATH variable.
>  >  Where is the "dumpbin " command?
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >   ________________________________
>
>  >
>  >
makes the problem easier to solve :-)
>  >
>  >  Given that you do not have an axiscpp conf file - are you ensuring
that you have all the axis server dll's on your path? Are you also sure
that you have the correct version of xerces. if you do "dumpbin
/dependents" on the axis xml parser library does it show the same name as
the xerces lib you just put in your path?
>  >
>  >
>  > "Kon Kam King,   France" <fking@cincom.com>
>  >
>  > 02/09/2005 14:12
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Please     respond to
>  >      "Apache AXIS C User List"
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > "Apache AXIS C      User List" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>,
<samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.comi>
>  >
>  >
>  > cc
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Subject
>  >
>  > RE: axis 1.5 deplloyment error. Tomcat stops     immediately after
start.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  Back to Axis-C.
>  >  I'm still having the exception, in spite of following the
installation
>  >  instructions to the letter.
>  >  I added tne Xerces parser dll in the PATH variable with no change.
>  >  I tried installing the Simple axis Server, and it hit exactly the
same
>  >  exception (instruction 0x77bd8790 referenced memory at
"0x00000000".The
>  >  memory could not be read).
>  >
>  >  C:\Simple_Axis_Server>simpleaxisserver 80
>  >  Warning - The configuration file was not found
>  >  (c:\simple_axis_server\axis/axisc
>  >  pp.conf).
>  >  Using default values
>  >
>  >  Which dll is missing? Or is my windows broken?
>  >
>  >  Thanks
>  >  France
Xerces-C
>  >  > 2.2.2.0
>  >  > >
>  >  > > I am using Windows Server 2003.
>  >  > >
>  >  > > I followed the instructions in the Windowsi nstallation guide.
>  >  > >
>  >  > > Tomcat starts fine without adding the LoadModule directive in
>  >  > httpd.conf.
>  >  > >
>  >  > > With this directive added I hit the following error at Tomcat
start
>  >  :
>  >  > >
>  >  > > The instruction at 0x77bd8790 referenced memory at 0x00000000.
The