axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: axis 1.5 deplloyment error. Tomcat stops immediately after start.
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:22:04 GMT
I wonder if we can change the dll so it's just named xerces - would this
enable us to link to different versions OK? Or would it just cause
confusion because people are using different versions?

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com>
03/09/2005 02:25
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: axis 1.5 deplloyment error. Tomcat stops immediately after start.

> I read on a thread that xerces-c 2.6 was successfully tested.

Yes but this was done with latest code from CVS. We have not tested with
1.5.
Also, if you want to try with Xerces 2.6 with 1.5, may need to build it.

If you have all the DLLs from Axis C++ 1.5 on path, you may be able to
run the simple axis server now.
If it does not work, try setting AXISCPP_DEPLOY environment variable
and have the axiscpp.conf file in that folder. Please consult
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/wininstall-guide.html for axiscpp.conf
entries

THanks,
Samisa...

On 9/2/05, Kon Kam King, France <fking@cincom.com> wrote:

> Here are the results of the dumpbin:
>

> Dump of file C:\Simple_Axis_Server\Axis\lib\xerces-c_2_6.dll
>

> File Type: DLL
>

>   Image has the following dependencies:
>

>     KERNEL32.dll
>
>     ADVAPI32.dll
>
>     MSVCRT.dll
>

>   Summary
>

>        26000 .data
>
>        C5000 .rdata
>
>        13000 .reloc
>
>        17000 .rsrc
>
>       12B000 .text
>

> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003>dumpbin /dependents
C:\Simple

> _Axis_Server\Axis\lib\xerces-c_2_2_0.dll
>
> Microsoft (R) COFF/PE Dumper Version 7.10.3077
>
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>

> Dump of file C:\Simple_Axis_Server\Axis\lib\xerces-c_2_2_0.dll
>

> File Type: DLL
>

>   Image has the following dependencies:
>

>     KERNEL32.dll
>
>     ADVAPI32.dll
>
>     MSVCRT.dll
>
>     MSVCIRT.dll
>

>   Summary
>

>        25000 .data
>
>        B5000 .rdata
>
>        11000 .reloc
>

>  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003>dumpbin /dependents
C:\

> _Axis_Server\Axis\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll
>
> Microsoft (R) COFF/PE Dumper Version 7.10.3077
>
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>

> Dump of file C:\Simple_Axis_Server\Axis\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll
>

> File Type: DLL
>

>   Image has the following dependencies:
>

>     xerces-c_2_2_0.dll
>
>     MSVCP60.dll
>
>     MSVCRT.dll
>
>     KERNEL32.dll
>

>   Summary
>

>         1000 .data
>
>         3000 .rdata
>
>         1000 .reloc
>
>         1000 .rsrc
>
>         7000 .text
>
>        16000 .rsrc
>
>        F9000 .text
>

> The xerces-c_2_2_0.dll daes 2/7/2003 size 2,024 kb.
>
> I tried redownloading xerces-c_2_2_0.dll  from the archive, but have a
problem opening it.

> I read on a thread that xerces-c 2.6 was successfully tested.
>

> Thanks,
>
> France
>
>   ________________________________

dumpbin - it comes with XP don't know about 2003 though. It might be
called something else?

> "Kon Kam King,   France" <fking@cincom.com>
>
> 02/09/2005 14:52
>

> Please     respond to
>      "Apache AXIS C User List"

> "Apache AXIS C      User List" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
>

> cc
>

> Subject
>
> RE: axis 1.5 deplloyment error. Tomcat stops     immediately after
start.

>  Hi,
>
>  Here is the list od dlls I have in my simpleaxisserver\lib
>  AxisServer.dll          HTTPChannel.dll        AxisXMLParser.dll
HTTPTransport.dll       xerces-c_2_6.dll

>  I tried also with xerces-c_2_2_0.dll in the lib, with the same error.
>  I point to the above directory in my PATH variable.
>  Where is the "dumpbin " command?

makes the problem easier to solve :-)

>  Given that you do not have an axiscpp conf file - are you ensuring that
you have all the axis server dll's on your path? Are you also sure that
you have the correct version of xerces. if you do "dumpbin /dependents" on
the axis xml parser library does it show the same name as the xerces lib
you just put in your path?