axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: v1.5 on XP fails to load mod_axis2.dll
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:55:07 GMT
Hi Peter,

Hmm, this is a complete mystery to me - I've just trawled the code and can
find no instance of "AXIS_HOME" being used anywhere - this is the old
value we used to use before we changed it to AXISCPP_DEPLOY.

What version of the code are you using - I'm guessing recent ?

AND could someone else help here please - I'm bemused !

I'm afraid I don't run the apache version of the server but simple-axis
server doesn't require this env var.

cheers,
John.

Peter <rwc_dad@yahoo.com>
15/09/2005 17:21
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: v1.5 on XP fails to load mod_axis2.dll

Thanks to Stephane for emailing me to confirm that he
has had the same troubles.  He also found the main
problem:  The install instructions
(http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/wininstall-guide.html)
are missing a crucial instruction.

Thanks for the kindness of strangers!

To complete the install:
=> Add another environnment variable:
   AXIS_HOME=[Axis_Folder]
Note that this is the same value as for
AXISCPP_DEPLOY.

After this change, I restarted the Apache Service
Monitor, and apache started right up, and I was able
to run the calculator client application.

NOTE TO THE ADMINISTRATORS: Please either update the
install documentation or explain to me (via private
email please) how you want to work with me to have me
do it.